Monday, February 6, 2012

My Top 5 Childhood Nightmare Inspirations

Oh MY GOD i just had the scariest dream ever. In my dream i was a old beat up car waiting in a dumpyard to get crushed up into a tin square. I didnt want to get crushed up, I wanted to go home but my wheels werent working and i was going closer and closer and closer to the crushing machine.

Then I woke up and nearly puked.

Not fun.

I wanted to see what the dream meant so I went online and found an almost identical scene in THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER.




Here it is:


I totally forgot  about that movie but I do know it scared the crap outta me when I was little. ITS COMING BACK TO HAUNT ME!!!!!!!





Now that I think about it, a lot of movies made for kids were actually quite disturbing. What were those directors thinking anyway, that just because its animated doesn't mean that its scary?

Here are my top 5:
5) Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Those hooded figures and raging hell fires always terrified me!!
4) The Land Before Time II: Great Valley Adventure. The song by Ozzy, "Eggs" he is so creepy!!!


3) Lord of the Rings (1987). The Ringwraiths, enough said. Also the fact that Aragorn has no pants, but thats another list completely.


 2) The Neverending Story: When Artax dies. Oh my God I cannot describe how this awful scene made me feel when I first watched this. I think I actually turned it off after because it disturbed me so much. I ask again, what were the writers thinking putting this in a kids movie?
 1) The Brave Little Toaster:  That crazy ass dream that he had with the smoke, the clowns and the water. AHHHH so scary!!!!!!








Did you ever see The Brave Little Toaster? Did it scare you?

What movies freaked you out when you were little?

No comments: