Friday, July 20, 2012

Batman Review

 If I hear one more word about how amazingly awesome the new batman movie is, I think I am going to punch somebody.  The film itself was an awful disapointment. The acting was slow, the action was slow and it was three freakin hours long. I can't believe I stayed up until 4 in the morning to watch that. It has made me incredibly grumpy, which is probally why I am being so harsh.  I am just not a Batman person, I never was and I will never be. It was just so slow! How can it even be called a movie. I was a sleep for half of it and I didnt miss anything important. It really all comes down to this: If he really was a superhero, he would of just flown right out of that shitty prison, instead of whining about his bad back and having stupid flashbacks for 2 and a half hours.

The only semi interesting part was the creation of the flying bat mobile.

Overall, I give it a 4/10.

Now some of you are now probally going "she's an idiot and doesnt appreciate the Batman franchise" well, let me tell you that I am also a filmmaker (a damn good one too!) and as one, I can tell you straight on why this film was a diaster just by looking at the structure. I bet I can give you 10 good reasons why off the top of my head.

1) It's a 3rd film in a series. Those are never good. The only one that was really brilliant was The Return Of The King and that's because it took $60 million and 7 years to create.
2) The music was so dramatic and repetitive that it took away from the plot.
3) The Villian was boring.
4) No one could understand was Bane was saying with that damn mask over his mouth. I couldnt even tell what emotion he was converying because his expression never changed!
5) 165 minutes long. Thats nearly 3 hours. Do I need to explain more?
6)Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.  She will always be the Disney princess to me.
7) The very predictable ending.  The Bat Plane was on auto control. duh.
8) Too man sub plots.
9) The prison was waaayyy to cliche.
10) There was absolutuly no humor whatsoever.

No comments: